The Annunciator Panel allows a remote operator to monitor and interact with any part of the FDS over an Ethernet network. It contains virtually all the FACU front door panel components but is smaller in size, does not have batteries, and does not directly connect with sensors, I/O modules, notification appliances, or releasing devices. It is an independent device and does not depend on any other panel to function.
The annunciator performs the following functions:
- Monitors itself and all remote panels (other Control Panels and Annunciator Panels) for events
- Provides a user interface to visually and audibly interact with an operator
- Retransmits warning or alarm signals to the other devices in the system
- Logs system events
- Can communicate using Ethernet or RS-485 to third party equipment
- Provides maintenance and administrative functions