Detectors are one of the primary mechanisms to detect a fire — they are sensors that measure heat, smoke, or a combination of heat and smoke. As an authorized partner of Apollo Fire Detectors Ltd, the Overwatch FDS features world-class detectors that are used to protect critical infrastructure around the globe. Our Control Panel has been tested and validated by Apollo Fire Detectors as compatible with their SLC devices.
To construct a detector, first select a detector head then pair with a detector base. That assembly can then be packaged in our Rugged Detector Housing for use in harsh environments.
STEP 1: Select a Detector Head
Click on one of the following detector head categories for more information:
The newest generation of addressable fire detectors with Compliance to UL‘s toughest fire safety requirements.
High specification intelligent fire detectors. They feature improved false alarm rejection with Marine Ratings.
Dependable detectors that have stood the test of time for use in Intrinsically Safe environments.
Discontinued Legacy UL addressable devices that Overwatch FDS supports for back-fit applications.
New generation of addressable fire detectors with Compliance to EN’s requirements.
Intelligent addressable UV and Infra-Red (IR2 and IR3) Flame Detectors for harsh environments.
STEP 2: Select a Detector Base
Isolating Bases for use on Class A or X SLCs with Soteria, Discovery, or XP95 detectors.
Non-Isolating Bases for use on Class B and Intrinsically Safe SLCs.
Bases that include Audible and Visual Notification for warning and/or alarm conditions.
STEP 3: Add a Rugged Detector Housing
Detectors can be packaged in a rugged housing designed for ease of installation, maintenance, and built to withstand harsh environments including high impact shock, vibration, and exposure to electromagnetic interference. Each detector consists of a Detector Base Assembly and a Detector Head Assembly.
The Rugged Detector Housing has the following characteristics:
- Strengthens commercial detectors for use in harsh military environments
- Can be mounted on a vertical or horizontal surface using two (2) ¼” fasteners.
- Maintains ability to detach detector head with twist-to-remove action
- Grounded EMI glands provide 360 degree chassis grounding of field cable shields
- Junction box houses field cable service loops with screw terminal connection blocks
- Hinged design allows the head assembly to hang freely while still connected to detector base assembly when installed on overhead surface. When necessary the hinge also allows the head assembly to separate from the base assembly for maintenance
- Includes an aperture for installation of tamper seals to detect unauthorized access